CLEAR’s Introduction To Regulatory Governance
is taught in five modules:
Foundations of Occupational and Professional Regulation:
Roles and Responsibilities of a Board Member
- The importance of regulatory boards
- Rationale for licensure
- Typical pro and con arguments
- An overview of trends in licensure
- Board member responsibility
- Defining "the public interest"
- Requirements for service on regulatory boards
- How a board member can participate effectively
- The purpose of appointing public members
- Ethical considerations
- What is a rule?
- Kinds of rules
- Authority to issue rules
- When is a rule needed?
- Writing a good rule
- Avoiding problem areas
- Regular procedures for adopting rules
- Notice and publication
- Public comment and hearing process
- Emergency rule making
- Steps in the enforcement process
- Characteristics of a strong enforcement process
- Receiving and sharing information
- Types of disciplinary sanctions
- Practitioner impairment
- Continuing education programs and their availability
- Criteria for MCE programs
- Continued competence
This program is offered in conjunction with CLEAR's Annual Educational Conference.
Hotel & Training Location
Denver Marriott City Center
1701 California Street
Denver, CO 80202
CLEAR Cancellation Policy
Registrant substitutions are welcome. Cancellations must be received in writing by July 28, 2017 to receive a full refund. After that date, a USD $95 service charge will be subtracted from refunds. Cancellations received after August 25, 2017 are subject to the full registration fee. No refunds will be given after August 25, 2017.
CLEAR Learning Sponsorship Opportunities
By registering, Attendee understands and agrees that audio and video footage, photographs and digital images may be taken of Attendee at any conference event. By registering, Attendee also understands and agrees that the Council on Licensure, Enforcement and Regulation (CLEAR) and its representatives, successors and assigns may use said audio and video footage, photographs and digital images in its editorial, advertising, educational, promotional and social media material. Attendee also understands and agrees that international copyright and intellectual property rights on these images and materials will remain the property of the Council on Licensure, Enforcement and Regulation (CLEAR) who will be entitled to broadcast, publish, republish or otherwise distribute these images, data and materials and any product thereof in any way or manner they see fit in perpetuity. Registration for the conference signifies and evidences Attendee’s agreement to the terms above and Attendee hereby waives any claims he or she may have against the Council on Licensure, Enforcement and Regulation (CLEAR) its representatives, successors and assigns in regard to said material.