CLEAR is pleased to announce it will offer the National Certified Investigator & Inspector Training Basic program in Denver, CO.
This program is being offered in conjunctions with CLEAR's Annual Educational Conference.
CLEAR’s NCIT—Basic program provides a three-day, hands-on training and certification program in investigation and inspection techniques and procedures.
Day One (7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.)
Check-in and registration will begin at 7:30 a.m. Light refreshments will be provided.
- Introduction and Welcome: A member of CLEAR’s staff and an instructor review the NCIT curriculum and answer any questions about the training program. (0.5 hour)
- Professional Conduct: Learn how to develop professional attitudes, conducts and relationships with other regulatory and law enforcement agencies. (1.5 hour)
- Principles of Administrative Law & the Regulatory Process: Provides the basic guidelines to understanding administrative law and procedure and the regulatory process. (2 hours)
- Investigative Process: Teaches a basic understanding of the investigative process including the intake of complaints, investigative planning and the execution of an investigative plan. (3 hours)
- Investigator Safety: Provides students with an over view of safety concerns for investigators, and high level strategies to mitigating danger. (1 hour)
Day Two (8 a.m.–5:15 p.m.)
- Principles of Evidence: Reviews sources of evidence law, types and forms of evidence and the rules and use of evidence in administrative proceedings. (2 hours)
- Evidence Collection, Tagging & Storage: Furnishes the student with basic guidelines for gathering evidence, including proper techniques of custody and storage of evidence. (2 hours)
- Interviewing Techniques: Explains the proper interviewing method, how to establish rapport, and proper and improper questioning techniques. (4 hours)
Day Three (8 a.m.–5:30 p.m.)
- Overview of Inspections & Inspection Procedures: Reviews the inspector’s role and the specific steps of an inspection; from planning and conducting the inspection to writing the formal report. (1 hour)
- Report Writing: Teaches students ways to improve factual, investigative reports. Learn how to write a report that is accurate, logical, clear, concise and complete. (3 hours)
- Testifying in Administrative & Criminal Proceedings: Provides attendees with an understanding of the role of the prosecutor, as well as mental and physical preparation for testifying on the witness stand. (2 hours)
- Question and Answer Session: Attendees are invited to ask any questions that have not been answered during the course of the training. (1 hour)
- Examination: A multiple choice exam that tests students’ learning. A score of 70% or better, plus a year of employment with your agency or organization, qualifies the student for CLEAR certification. (1 hour)
Denver Marriott City Center
1701 California Street
Denver, CO 80202
Room reservations at the conference hotel are now available. We have negotiated a preferred rate in a standard room at $169 a night plus taxes. To book your room, please use the web link below:
HOTEL RESERVATION LINK
You will need to select "attendee" under guest type. The website will then direct you to the reservation page. Should you need to call to make reservations, please call Marriott reservations at 877-303-0104. Please reference "AEC Conference" to receive our preferred rates.
CLEAR suggests booking your room early to ensure hotel availability. Preferred rates will be available until Friday, August 11, 2017 or until the room block is full.
CLEAR cancellation policy:
Registrant substitutions are welcome. Cancellations must be received in writing by July 28, 2017 to receive a full refund. After that date, a USD $95 service charge will be subtracted from refunds. Cancellations received after August 25, 2017 are subject to the full registration fee. No refunds will be given after August 25, 2017.